Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HelixOmnimedia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
Traveling The World
So I have no idea what’s happened recently, but both my HomePods have been complete garbage.

I turned one off at the main today and forgot to turn it back on. It was even hard reset about a week ago.

Anyway, almost with every request recently Siri takes forever to do anything. Turn the volume down, play a song, set a timer - EVERYTHING

I don’t understand what’s happened, if I were to put a time on it, ever since the last Apple Event, and I’ve had the homepods since first release so it’s not always been the way.

bennetbecker

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2017
Same with mine. It got really speedy with requests for about a day after the last apple event and has been trash ever since.

Mr. Zarniwoop

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2005
I now have bulletproof WiFi and wired Ethernet Cat 6A everywhere. Last night, Siri could not control anything.

Frustrating.

Hunter5117

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2010
I had this same thing happen on Friday night. Mine was most definitely NOT my wifi.

I first noticed when I asked HomePod for the time and got nothing. Further investigation showed that all my iCloud services were disconnected. Trying to log into my iCloud on the web stalled out. All my connected devices were unable to connect. None of my Homekit devices were available in the Home app. Only my Apple TV still seemed to be working. I finally got access to my account on my MBP and I ended up resetting my iCloud password which then got everything working again. I was worried that somehow my iCloud got hacked so I did the reset and forced all my devices to be disconnected. That was another can of worms since I then had to drive out to my cabin to reconnect my security devices since they got disconnected as well.

Apple services reported no outages through all of this.

Anybody with any ideas or have talked to Apple I would love to know the answer.

Ggvfvgbffbf

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
Manchester, England
Same here in England. No wifi problems. Works great after every software update and then degrades for no apparent reason.

“Just a moment’, ‘working on that’ etc plus ”there’s nothing playing on this HomePod’ when instructing to trun off a smart plug.

philMBP

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2007
I have this problem when asking HomePod Siri to check messages. That said my phone is on iOS 14 (beta 7).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.