Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hfvienna

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
Vienna, Austria
Since many month I try to convince Apple to look into caching of radio stations. I use Homepod Mini mostly for listening to news on local radio. Everytime I do this I have to listen for one minute to yesterdays news before the actual staion is coming. Is it really that difficult guys? I will give you a hint: If someone closes a radio station or turns of the homepod mini just flush the cache and it will be ok next time. Is anybody at Apple who could propose that? Would be great.

Reactions: user74246

pup

macrumors 6502a
Dec 31, 2009
I’d guess that the HomePod needs to build a buffer before it will play, and apple probably decided that it’s better to play something than just give you dead air.

sunapple

macrumors 68030
Jul 16, 2013
The Netherlands
Yes I remember this issue, very annoying. Select a different station, then go back to reset.

Radio doesn't seem like a big interest to Apple, I've had this problem on iPhone for a couple of years now where the radio will completely drain the battery while being paused in the background. Never forget to force-quit the music app after listening to live radio.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.