Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

J Ham

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2020
I just got a pair of HomePod minis, and one is constantly dropping connection. Then if I pair them in stereo, they are always disconnecting, and the audio stops. (Airplaying from MacBook Pro)

Could this be related to the new HomeKit Archeticrue? I upgraded to that before setting up the HomePods, so I don't have a baseline to compare to. I have the XB8 router from Xfinity, so I don't think it's a wifi issue. If it is, only the HomePods are struggling.

Last edited:

howywood

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2020
I experienced this right out of the box. No only dissatisfied with the sound, but also the lack of them 'just working'. Immediate return for me!

Friend Trend

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2010
Bumping this since I'm having the same issue (was about to start a new post). When I try streaming from the music app on my Mac, it works for about a second, and then it drops the connection. Updated to the latest MacOS and HomePod firmware but it hasn't helped.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 4.40.00 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 4.40.00 PM.png
    223.9 KB · Views: 58

lazygolfer

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2022
Leeds, UK
I always had this kind of issues with my homepod.. I started to use a pair as stereo and only one would sound at the beginning and then the second one starts to work after a few secs (or min). Could this be related to wifi?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.