Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hooptyuber

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 21, 2017
I was thinking of getting a pair of minis for the bedroom to listen to as I drift off to sleep. From what I've read, the top lights on the mini are always on while streaming music. Is that true? If so, is there any way to turn the lights off? I want to use the minis to listen to music in a dark bedroom, not have them as a reading lamp.

hooptyuber

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 21, 2017
Yes

No

It's not that bright. The brightness adjusts based on ambient light around it. It's barely visible in a dark room.
Thank you for the “on point” response. Now I'm leaning back towards purchase. I do wish, though, that the lights could be turned off completely.

headlessmike

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2017
Thank you for the “on point” response. Now I'm leaning back towards purchase. I do wish, though, that the lights could be turned off completely.
I can confirm that they are very dim when in a dark room. My USB power supply from Anker is brighter with its silly blue LED.

Reactions: hooptyuber

PhoenixDown

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2012
Put a coaster on top if its an issue.
I actually had to think about it because I never notice mine.

MacMan2013

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2023
The light on the top automatically dims when you switch the lights off, which I thought was really clever. I listen to audiobooks through a Mini via my Ipad when going to sleep, the dim light isn't enough to bother me. If you are very sensitive to light when trying to sleep, an eyemask might be the way to go.

Reactions: hooptyuber
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.