Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevencin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2022
Hi. Sorry if this is listed somewhere but I couldnt see it. I have 4 hpm. 2 of which are connected as a stereo pair to Apple TV 4K. I have been having trouble with these two for days now they are unusable. Keep getting error saying wrong iCloud password. It’s correct 100%. Tried resetting multiple times and still no joy. Apple support aren’t much use either. Anyone else having this issue?

D32BBE91-5C5B-49A0-A7C0-077B957FEAC7.jpeg
F0D6870B-8828-4119-9297-3FCAD59C9778.png

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Yep!!! I have exactly this. When I first updated my HomePods to 16, I kept getting the sign into iCloud and then it would say wrong password. I had to make close to 50 sign in attempts before it stuck.

Now on 16.1, I can’t restart a HomePod without it losing iCloud connection but I’m not getting the wrong password error anymore. It does still however take a few attempts at signing in before it sticks.

Very annoying. iOS 16 has been a complete disgrace and Apple should be ashamed for releasing it the way it is.

Reactions: stevencin

stevencin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2022
Yep!!! I have exactly this. When I first updated my HomePods to 16, I kept getting the sign into iCloud and then it would say wrong password. I had to make close to 50 sign in attempts before it stuck.

Now on 16.1, I can’t restart a HomePod without it losing iCloud connection but I’m not getting the wrong password error anymore. It does still however take a few attempts at signing in before it sticks.

Very annoying. iOS 16 has been a complete disgrace and Apple should be ashamed for releasing it the way it is.
I am going to give it another go today to see if I acan get it to stick. The fact homepods have such bad software now is madness!! iOS 16 feels like iOS12 all over again.

Reactions: Itinj24

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I am going to give it another go today to see if I acan get it to stick. The fact homepods have such bad software now is madness!! iOS 16 feels like iOS12 all over again.
Just had it happen again after a reboot but I got it connected after the second attempt.

This is supposed to be Apple’s latest and greatest smart speaker. It’s an absolute joke.

stevencin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2022
Just had it happen again after a reboot but I got it connected after the second attempt.

This is supposed to be Apple’s latest and greatest smart speaker. It’s an absolute joke.
Still facing the issue. Apple support have now said engineer team are working on a fix as it’s known issue. Guess we will have to wait weeks!! I now have 3 out of 4 HomePods showing it !

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Still facing the issue. Apple support have now said engineer team are working on a fix as it’s known issue. Guess we will have to wait weeks!! I now have 3 out of 4 HomePods showing it !
Sorry. I remember trying several times and when I say several, I mean until I wanted to vomit lol.

I called support when I first saw this issue, when HomePodOS 16 first launched. Support said they’ve been really busy so goes to show how awful this release has been.

stevencin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2022
Sorry. I remember trying several times and when I say several, I mean until I wanted to vomit lol.

I called support when I first saw this issue, when HomePodOS 16 first launched. Support said they’ve been really busy so goes to show how awful this release has been.
It’s just awful. And you think they had 3 months to test all this in beta 😂😂 hopefully have an update soon and 16.2 brings better stability

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
It’s just awful. And you think they had 3 months to test all this in beta 😂😂 hopefully have an update soon and 16.2 brings better stability
I still get this even when I just reboot one of my Minis. So basically, I try to clear an issue by reintroducing another. Can’t win lol.

The problem with the beta program I think is that most (not all) in the program just download it to play with the new features. No intent of actually reporting bugs. Apple should do their own due diligence and test this crap before releasing it. It’s no excuse.

Reactions: stevencin
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.