Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h3h394

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2021
Serbia
Issues I'm having:
  1. Intercom not working, there was also no setup for it
  2. Can't toggle on or off any homepod settings
  3. Can't set any Homepod as home hub
  4. Automations not showing
  5. Can't update settings for language or login to a different account
  6. Asking Siri to find iPhone works, but when asking for mac it says that there is no macbook linked to same iCloud account while it is
Here is the video showcasing some of the bugs I'm having for a month now.

Things I've tried to fix the issues:
  1. Reseting router
  2. Setting router to concurrent mode with either same SSID or different SSID for 2.4 and 5ghz
  3. Disabling 2.4ghz in router and using only 5ghz
  4. Disabling 5ghz in router and using only 2.4ghz
  5. Factory reseting the homepod by unpluging it for 10 seconds, then waiting for 10 seconds and holding on it until it turns lights red, and after siri says u will hear 3 beeps I let go of it
  6. Reseting homepod by plugging usb-c cable directly into Macbook and doing reset there
  7. Reseting Network Settings on my phone
  8. Reseting all settings on my phone
  9. Signing out of iCloud and signing in again
  10. Turning off Hey Siri and training it again
  11. Removing HomePod from phone and home app / removing home
Spent around a month not being able to fix it, going trough all solutions online, contacting apple support and so on, none of the issues is resolved. If anyone had any similar issue or knows what I can do to fix it that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

mxrider88

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2019
Sydney, AU
HomePod is a mess my friend..
I have the original HomePod, at least once a day it stops controlling my smart lights while the iPhone has no issues, Siri gives you stupid answers, doesn’t recognise voices, music doesn’t play and often it can’t be rebooted from the home app but I need to turn the power off to reboot it.
Notified apple many times. They ask me to send a report by installing a profile and replicating the issues. As if I spend a day talking to Siri to trigger an issue. I’m not paid to do bug troubleshooting for them.

Reactions: Saludos and h3h394

Saludos

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2013
I tought it was because i bought my homepods mini overseas (homepods are not for sale in my country and my language not supported, i use them set in English ). yes, homepod software is very immature. Not Apple

mxrider88

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2019
Sydney, AU
I tought it was because i bought my homepods mini overseas (homepods are not for sale in my country and my language not supported, i use them set in English ). yes, homepod software is very immature. Not Apple
No, very Apple.. the new apple (since 2011)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.