Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 5, 2011
Has anyone found a way to use a pair of HomePod Minis as speakers for a Windows PC?

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 5, 2011
I've found software that enables Airplay 2 on Windows computers. That's all I would need, right?

BobRey77

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2021
I don't know if this is possible but Apple and Windows don't generally work together very well in my experience. For example, iTunes and iCloud on Windows are pretty much useless.

LEOMODE

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
Southern California
What I do is use the latest Apple TV 4K and use it as an ARC mode, connect my computer to the TV that's mounted on the wall above my PC, then turn the TV on to output the PC sound onto my HomePod's. Because of that, there is no delay.

macrumorsuser10

macrumors 6502
Nov 18, 2010
I am using it right now and once you already paired it through the Home app, it looks like the stereo is working fine. I've just tested it on YouTube.

If you watch a YouTube video with people speaking, are their mouths perfectly synchronized with your HomePod Mini pair?

My understanding is that the synchronization is off when using a Mac OS computer.

LEOMODE

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
Southern California
If you watch a YouTube video with people speaking, are their mouths perfectly synchronized with your HomePod Mini pair?

My understanding is that the synchronization is off when using a Mac OS computer.

First of all, mine is HomePod OG, not mini.
Secondly, on Mac OS watching YouTube on Safari, no lip-sync issue at all. It only occurred when I was playing World of Warcraft. But my usage/test was limited (only YouTube on Safari). But this is talking about using it in Mac OS using Apple's AirPlay 2.

If you are talking about using it with TuneBlade, I actually haven't tested TuneBlade on Mac OS at all. On Windows, I would say I saw 0.0001 sec lag but it's not noticeable at all. I would say it's not like 3.5mm audio input but you can see the video just fine.

hieromonk

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2018
Hong Kong
What I do is use the latest Apple TV 4K and use it as an ARC mode, connect my computer to the TV that's mounted on the wall above my PC, then turn the TV on to output the PC sound onto my HomePod's. Because of that, there is no delay.
yes the eARC feature hugely boost the value of Apple TV lol
its finally a dream came true when I can use the HomePod setup for all the audio output

Reactions: dustin_

pnds

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2015
I'm talking about treating the Homepod as a PC speaker as well.

I was investigating purchasing a Homepod or two as a possible smart speaker option (As it transpires, it's not feasible for me because in testing, the latency was unreasonable for the types of media I consume).
Outside of the latency issue, it works perfectly.

Client: Windows 11 PC (22H2 22621.1192) running TuneBlade 1.8.0.0
Speaker: Homepod Mini (16.2)

1zuu

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2023
I was able to successfully stereo-pair my HomePod mini through the free version but I experienced 3 seconds delay. will this solved by the premium of TuneBlade? Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.