Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adann91

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 27, 2020
I keep getting the below error endnote trying to AirPlay/transfer music across from my phone. The HomePod mini just won’t connect.

1B065A4C-9E09-418A-B3FB-55E0173294D7.png
It’s connected to WiFi, I’ve tried resetting the Mini and my phone and still no luck.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
I keep getting the below error endnote trying to AirPlay/transfer music across from my phone. The HomePod mini just won’t connect.

View attachment 1734645 It’s connected to WiFi, I’ve tried resetting the Mini and my phone and still no luck.
HomePods rely on a solid WiFi connection. How are the WiFi speeds where the HomePod is and did you try rebooting your WiFi?

Shark5150

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Dual band WiFi create havoc with my homepods! This happens to me often. Even though I show as being on the same WiFi network, the dual band switches between them causing this. For me, anyway....

adann91

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 27, 2020
Dual band WiFi create havoc with my homepods! This happens to me often. Even though I show as being on the same WiFi network, the dual band switches between them causing this. For me, anyway....
This could be it. I’m using the same network on all devices but do have dual networks. Is there any way around this? Unfortunately looking like it’s going to have to go back as pretty useless to me at present which is a shame as when it works, it’s great.

Shark5150

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2014
Dallas, Texas
This could be it. I’m using the same network on all devices but do have dual networks. Is there any way around this? Unfortunately looking like it’s going to have to go back as pretty useless to me at present which is a shame as when it works, it’s great.
I haven't found a way to fix. Hope someone has suggestions.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I have 4 Apple Airport AC (the tall ones) running a 2.4GHz and a 5GHz network (same SSID; all in bridge mode with ethernet backhaul) and no problems with my minis. Though maybe because it’s Apple’s wifi?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.