Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
MA
I used to be able to steam music for certain sources from my phone to the HomePod. Now I can't get it to connect. The only music it plays is what I've purchased on iTune (that is annoying and I want to get it to stop) and it will play requests. The HomePod doesn't come up in my bluetooth list. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Five_Oh

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2017
Flyover Country, USA
Have you tried to transfer what’s playing by holding your phone near the homepod? I know that’s not always ideal, but it might help narrow down the issue.

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
MA
Yes, I tried that to see if it would play what's on the phone and also to see if it would come up on bluetooth. I just tried again with Pandora. The HomePod started playing music I requested from it earlier when I selected it on my phone.

Last edited:

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
You keep mentioning Bluetooth but the HomePods works using Airplay2. It won’t show up under Bluetooth devices. You have to go to the Airplay menu and do it from there.

Swipe to reveal the Control Center and top right corner where the AirPlay menu is, tap on the Airplay icon. It will bring you to this screen and from the iPhone section, tap the HomePod you want it should start playing on that selected HomePod.

96461514-DAE9-4AEF-82AD-9EE078D72A9C.jpeg

iMas70

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
MA
You keep mentioning Bluetooth but the HomePods works using Airplay2. It won’t show up under Bluetooth devices. You have to go to the Airplay menu and do it from there.

Swipe to reveal the Control Center and top right corner where the AirPlay menu is, tap on the Airplay icon. It will bring you to this screen and from the iPhone section, tap the HomePod you want it should start playing on that selected HomePod.

View attachment 973718

That worked! I was clicking on the HomePod icon at the middle of the Control Center screen. Never clicked on the Airplay menu to select it from there.

Thanks!

Reactions: Itinj24
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.