Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

4k78

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2016
It seems that since the 14 and 14.1 updates to my HomePods I am issues with it controlling my Decora dimmers. I can do a quick reset of the dinner and things will be okay for a while. But a short time later, Siri will say the device isn’t responding.

However, my iPhone and AW will work each time.

I’ve power cycled the HomePods, removed from the Home App. The only thing I haven’t done it a full factory reset.

Is anyone else having this problem? I’m running current versions of all software.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
have you tried rebooting your router. (or maybe reposition if the HomePod is in a weak spot)
a lot of HomePod issues are due to poor wifi, and yes sometimes some things will work from HomePod, while others don't.

that said, that's kinda "normal" behavior for the HomePod, it happens, sometimes it clears up on it's own, sometimes you have to reboot things.

it just works most of the time

Reactions: 4k78

4k78

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2016
Thanks. My router is about six feet from one of the HomePods. I reset the router a few days ago as well.

4k78

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2016
It seems that 14.2 has fixed the issue. I am cautiously optimistic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.