Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrios25

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
Denver
So I used to be able to say Hey Siri play today's news on all devices and it would play the same thing on the 2 homepod mini's I own. I recently updated them and now when I say Hey Siri play today's news on all devices it only plays on the one that heard me. Anyone else having this issue? I factory reset them and still not working like it used to.

kagharaht

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2007
This has always been happening to me. One day it works fine, then suddenly it doesn't. I have to go to the other HP and do the same request, then it works sometimes. I tend to give up and just hope for the best since this has happened since the MP 15 updates. I've done all the resets, reboots, network reset over and over again just gave up. I have a Velop Mesh that apple sells and people keep saying its the mesh network that does that. I reboot that once a month to freshen it but it doesn't really help the HP. They just do whatever it wants to do.

stocklen

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
the setup is notoriously ...... lets say unreliable.

however, silly point but try saying "(hey)Siri play the news everywhere"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.