Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vtstarck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Does anyone have a fix for my currently useless HomePod minis? Running 16.4.1, every request to play a song is met with “one sec” and then “I couldn’t find <song> in your Apple Music library.”

It’s been happening for weeks. Factory resets aren’t working.

They are doing a wonderful job holding down any loose papers I have.

Reactions: Fried egg on toast

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Does anyone have a fix for my currently useless HomePod minis? Running 16.4.1, every request to play a song is met with “one sec” and then “I couldn’t find <song> in your Apple Music library.”

The HomePods themselves are perfectly fine. It’s the crappy dog spit software Apple injects into them that breaks them. If you’re out of the return window, you can either sell them or wait for Apple to code a sustainable software (which will eventually break in future updates anyway).

Sorry if I sound jaded but this has been going on for some time now. We’re all at the mercy of Apple’s HomePodOS team.

If you haven’t already, try rebooting your network.

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016

Mine was doing this but after deleting and re-setting-up my Home altogether it works now.

sparky672

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2004
Mine was doing this but after deleting and re-setting-up my Home altogether it works now.

Wow... starting over should never be a solution. Starting over means that something was corrupted and the OS is just too stupid to be able to get around it. There is really no excuse for this other than a lack of testing.

Great job Apple!

Reactions: dotme

Suture

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
Mine has been doing this, too. I wound up removing it, doing a factory default/reset. It worked for a little bit, but now it's starting to do this again. I can't get it to play any song or podcast that I want. It just tells me the weather.

Reactions: sparky672

sparky672

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2004
Mine has been doing this, too. I wound up removing it, doing a factory default/reset. It worked for a little bit, but now it's starting to do this again. I can't get it to play any song or podcast that I want. It just tells me the weather.

And there's this. Proof that starting over is not really the solution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.