Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anthony13

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 1, 2012
I’m having extremely frustrating problems with my gen 2 HomePods. I have them paired as a default for my Apple TV. But they keep jumping to different Wi-Fi networks, and then not cooperating. Is there a way to make them both forget a particular Wi-Fi network? I would have thought doing it on any of my devices would spread to them, but it didn’t.

The part that frustrates me the most is these are obvious scenarios and Apple didn’t solve them before release. My defense for apple as a fanboy is that apple products ‘just work’. But that couldn’t be farther from the truth with apple home kit.

ScrumpyDaniel

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2019
I've had some connectivity issues recently with my Gen 1's. I ended up resetting both, about a week apart as it was the right HomePod that played up first and then the left one. Since resetting both and setting up fresh they've been behaving much better.

Reactions: anthony13

monkeybongo

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007
Canada
I had this issue once but after I reset the HomePods it was no longer an issue. I would perhaps remove the wifi from your phone temporarily or set one of the wifi networks to not Auto-join while you set it up.

Reactions: anthony13

Samichang

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2017
I ticked the “reserve IP address” for both of my HP 2nd gen in my Wi-Fi router’s setting and they’ve been working fine. Check your router setting and see if you can find similar options.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.