Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WeatherWeasel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
Des Moines, Iowa
This morning my homepod was able to play music on requests, look up the weather. this afternoon, I am getting" working on it, taking too long, sorry" I have 16.2 on it, I can play music on my iphone and have it play from the homepod. I have the big first generation unit.

I have unplugged it as an attempt when plugging it back in, reconnect to the internet. However, nada. I am thinking that there might be something screw with the network as it seems to seek but can't connect. If I ask it to play a song or a play list it doesn't do much beyond, "Iam working on it, it is taking too long, just a sec." and then it shuts up.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
I just asked Siri a slew of questions on 2 HomePods mini (blue) and received plenty of results.
even:
"hey Siri, Why does Time keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin' Into the future?
Siri indicated that I should result to my iPhone for further results.

WeatherWeasel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 28, 2019
Des Moines, Iowa
Mine is back now. This happened a year ago as well . I am guessing that something in the internet connection to their servers has issues. Now my wife can ask Siri odd questions again. I can enjoy my music.

Reactions: MBAir2010
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.