Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Killerbob

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
I have set up my two HomePods as a pair, and I select them in Sound to be used as output for music from for instance Chrome (YouTube). That usually works, until it doesn't...

When it stops working, I can select the paired HomePods in Sound, and when I start playing something on YouTube, the HomePods look like they are playing it (the volume buttons light up), but no sound comes out. When this happens, I have tried rebooting the Mac Studio, I have restarted the HomePods, and nothing seems to work. The only solution I have found is to decouple the HomePods and literally reset them, and then they are picked up in Ventura and I can then pair them again, and it all works.

I have tried to see if it works by selecting the paired HomePods directly in for instance Music, and it does. I can select the paired HomePods on my iPad, my iPhone, etc., and it all works. But not via Ventura on my Mac Studio.

Pretty sure I am not the only one, and I wonder if there is a solution other than keep resetting the HomePods indefinitely...

Everything is updated to the latest version of macOS and iOS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.