Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NickyLanzz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
East Coast
I do not now if people made posts about this yet but what I would like to see for iPhone users in the final version is a data toggle button in the control panel or whatever you would call it. I always turn off my data once I have access to wifi and it would be helpful.

jcdm

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2013
i do not now if people made posts about this yet but what i would like to see for iphone users in the final version is a data toggle button in the control panel or whatever you would call it. I always turn off my data once i have access to wifi and it would be helpful.

+1

macsrcool1234

Suspended
Oct 7, 2010
I do not now if people made posts about this yet but what I would like to see for iPhone users in the final version is a data toggle button in the control panel or whatever you would call it. I always turn off my data once I have access to wifi and it would be helpful.

Doesn't the phone already use Wifi once you connect?

cjc811wvfd73

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2013

Agree 100% allow us to disable data if we do not want to use any data apps.

EDIT: only if we are in hotspot.

Last edited:

8a22a

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
At the moment you can switch to Airplane mode then switch on wifi and bluetooth as required from the control center. Although that disconnects the carrier completely.

bkribbs

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2012
At the moment you can switch to Airplane mode then switch on wifi and bluetooth as required from the control center. Although that disconnects the carrier completely.

Would that block texts? Don't have an iPhone and remember some trick with wifi and texting...

though that wouldn't help when you want no data running but want texts

jmmo20

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
You're talking about kb's of data.. Not megabytes. Shallow argument.

I'm not giving an argument in any direction, I'm just adding on a comment from a user who seems to be assuming that once wifi is connected there's no mobile data.

For some users without 3G signal that is actually an issue. If you only have EDGE signal, very often your phone will appear as if disconnected if you get a call, and that is because the phone is keeping the push connection alive.

I don't really care about a mobile data shortcut, I would only ever use it if I'm roaming abroad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.