Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vikka

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2017
Hi there, I have a very serious issue with my videos in final cut pro.
I have done half of the editing and everything was fine, and suddenly horizontal lines appeared on my image - very noticeable.
I have no idea what might have happened, cause a minute ago they were fine....
I've tried to read up on similar threads, and that it might be a field dominance issue, but I couldn't try the suggested settings, because I can't find the settings window on the 10.3 version!!!
I've only been using this newer version for a few days and still can't get my head around it...
If you could help me how to fix the lines in pro x 10.3., that would be great.

Thank you!!!

joema2

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2013
Hi there, I have a very serious issue with my videos in final cut pro.
I have done half of the editing and everything was fine, and suddenly horizontal lines appeared on my image - very noticeable...
(1) Please post a screen capture of this
(2) State the video file characteristics -- resolution, frame rate, codec, whether interlaced or not. If you don't know what these are then get Invisor and use that. It is $2.99 but you will frequently need this or a similar utility if you do much video work: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/invisor-media-file-inspector/id442947586?mt=12
(3) State the project characteristics -- click on project file in FCPX, then click on the Inspector (Menu: Window>GoTo>Inspector) and tell us what that says.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.