Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JFlitt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
Hello all,

I wanted to share my horrible experience with T-Mobile customer service as I have been trying to active my free 200MB plan on a iPad Air I purchased in full from the T-Mobile store. Sorry for the painfully long hold times in the recording but I wanted the whole "experience" recorded.

I tweeted a recording of my 10th call to them to their CEO John Legere here: https://twitter.com/JFlitt/status/417537118441721857

You can get the link to the recording from the twitter link above or view what I tweeted directly here:
@JohnLegere You need to check in on your customer service... Please listen to my experience with your reps: http://l.bitcasa.com/bAX9GKrb

I will say that the 2nd rep I spoke with today was helpful, but I am very curious to see what actually happens...

Thanks!
JFlitt

FAsnakes

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2007
Why do you need customer service ? Just activate and go.. It takes all of 5 minutes .

JFlitt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
FAsnakes there was no option for the free 200MB of data in MIM. There were only paid options.

FAsnakes

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2007
BTW, Welcome to the forum.. Noticed this was your first post.

Just hope you're not running around trolling.,
Again, gl to you. .

JFlitt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
Thanks FASnakes. I assure you I am not trolling. This has been the worst customer service experience and I am hoping that something will change.

Yes I am sure I tried it correctly.

joeshmo2010

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2009
Seattle, WA
I don't understand how anyone has an issue getting this plan (when paying for the iPad at full price). Pop in the sim, if there is not one already, and activate on the device. I bought a verizon mini, swapped in a tmobile sim, and had it activated in under 5 minutes. I don't get what is so hard about that.

JFlitt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
Joeshmo2010 that was not the case for me. The only options in the mobile internet management screen were paid data plans.

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
Hello all,

I wanted to share my horrible experience with T-Mobile customer service as I have been trying to active my free 200MB plan on a iPad Air I purchased in full from the T-Mobile store. Sorry for the painfully long hold times in the recording but I wanted the whole "experience" recorded.

I tweeted a recording of my 10th call to them to their CEO John Legere here: https://twitter.com/JFlitt/status/417537118441721857

You can get the link to the recording from the twitter link above or view what I tweeted directly here:
@JohnLegere You need to check in on your customer service... Please listen to my experience with your reps: http://l.bitcasa.com/bAX9GKrb

I will say that the 2nd rep I spoke with today was helpful, but I am very curious to see what actually happens...

Thanks!
JFlitt
so u create an id here to complain and blast them on twitter, escalate to managers until gets fixed. Immature IMO

JFlitt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
Interesting, mine would just tell me I had no active data plan and refer me back to MIM over and over. The T-Mobile rep seemed to indicate their system might think my iPad Air's IMEI was not being recognized as an iPad and thus their system thought it was ineligible for the free 200MB.

----------

so u create an id here to complain and blast them on twitter, escalate to managers until gets fixed. Immature IMO

I have been escalating for a long while now.

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
Interesting, mine would just tell me I had no active data plan and refer me back to MIM over and over. The T-Mobile rep seemed to indicate their system might think my iPad Air's IMEI was not being recognized as an iPad and thus their system thought it was ineligible for the free 200MB.

----------

I have been escalating for a long while now.

So every time u have an issue in life you're gonna record it and blast that company on twitter?

joeshmo2010

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2009
Seattle, WA
Joeshmo2010 that was not the case for me. The only options in the mobile internet management screen were paid data plans.

You don't pick a plan. That's the point. When you pop in the sim and setup the account, it defaults to the free data. If you don't change anything, add your address etc, you have free data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.