Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

th0masp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 16, 2015
Sierra 16G1918 on Macbook Pro

I have the dashboard configured as an overlay over the desktop and mapped to the lower left hot corner via Mission Control prefs. That setup used to work well on my machine when I originally set it up under Sierra and has before under older OS versions.

With consecutive security updates applied triggering the Dashboard via the hot corner causes it to get stuck halfway in the transition and I have to fiddle with it to unstick it. Clicking on empty space to hide the active Dashboard also causes it to get stuck on the way out. This happens in at least 50% of all cases, so it's a proper nuisance.
I've now mapped it to a keyboard shortcut and that does the job reliably ever time. Also all other hot corners seem to work fine.

Just wondering if this behaviour is known to be broken in later builds of Sierra? Are there any new configuration switches that may have an effect on the hot corners? Could it be screwed up in some other way?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.