Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
Just a small point of correction: Apple refurbished devices only get a new chassis and battery. The display is salvaged.
That’s odd. I would’ve imagined they replace anything that could potentially be damaged or scratched by the previous owner.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
That’s odd. I would’ve imagined they replace anything that could potentially be damaged or scratched by the previous owner.

The display is the single most expensive component in a smartphone. For cracked displays, Apple can replace the cover glass only while salvaging the actual panel.

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
The display is the single most expensive component in a smartphone. For cracked displays, Apple can replace the cover glass only while salvaging the actual panel.
Ok, I misunderstood you. I thought you meant they just kept the same glass covering the display and only replaced the chassis and the battery. Still that’s gotta be difficult due the the display being glued to the glass but hey it’s Apple, I’m sure they got machines to do it lol.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.