Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elmarjazz

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2010
I just want to check with other users of the M1 iPad Pro 11"…, have you seen what I’m calling a ‘hot spot,’ or a small circle of cloudiness at the area centered about 2 inches into the display area from the Face ID cameras?

It may be caused by some internal heat in that area and a reaction to finger oil. It sometimes takes a bit of cleaning but wipes away, but is a regular occurrence.

My concern is that I had the same thing on my iPad Pro 10.5" (one of the reasons I sold it, after one replacement and then happened again) and with that iPad it would not just wipe away but effected the display perminentely.

Have any other owners seen this? Is this going to turn into a perminente problem with the display? APPLE was kind enough to replace my iPad Pro 10.5" without APPLE CARE, but I got this M1 with APPLE Care because of that past problem. Now, AC is finished, and I'm again looking at a potential problem (the same and maybe) in time.

curnalpanic

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2008
go:teborg
You mean the bright spot?

It was common with older iPads. Not sure how common it is these days. Also, some older displays would develop unresponsive areas where touches were not being recognized half the time.

elmarjazz

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2010
Yes, bright spot, or I’m just thinking hot because it seems it is on the surface and reaction with finger oil. As I said, my iPad pro 10.5 had this problem and it seemed below the surface, along with the display unresponsive problem, and sold it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.