Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CopCarJeff

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2020
Ramona,California
I have been having this same issue with several other iPhones including my new 15p.This is What happens when I turn on the hotspot my Roku Tv and my 9th generation ipad doesn’t always detect my iPhone hotspot with numerous try’s,so I reached out to T Mobile regarding this issue and they told me that my account was working fine and they didn’t see any issue,we did everything possible in troubleshooting to fix it but it keeps acting up.So my question is could this be a ongoing Apple software issue that has not yet been fixed ye.TIA

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
I've had pretty much the same issue randomly with many iPhones, including my 15PM. This has nothing to do with the carrier. As I had many carriers, domestic and foreign.

But my issue is with non-Apple products. Randomly, any given non-Apple device will not show the iPhone's Wifi SSID. And I will try another non-Apple device or an Apple device which proves the Wifi SSID is broadcasting. It doesn't matter if the "Maximize Compatibility" setting is on or not, which I assume means 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz. This usually happens with non-Apple devices that I've connected to the iPhone's hotspot before.

Most of the time, I'm able to turn off and on the hotspot and turn off and on the wifi of the non-Apple device, and eventually get it to show up. But this has been a random issue with hotspot on iPhones since I can remember.

Unlike yourself, I never had this issue with a Apple device connecting to the iPhone's hotspot.

I will admit. With my 15PM, this happens much less than my previous iPhones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.