Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maketheone

Suspended
Original poster
May 24, 2016
Pokemon Go is so popular recently. Are you playing this game also?
Suddenly I thount that how about wearing a VR headset to play Pokemon Go? So that I can see the 3D adorable Pokemon and experience impressively. I thought I was the first one to have this idea, but unfortunately great minds have conducted this VR Pokemon Go already! Look at the following picture downloaded from the web. Haha, anyway, I think it is great. How do you think? So why not go and get a VR headset?
maxresdefault.jpg

GSApple

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2016
GO players please dont play it whilst driving.

Wife was hit at 80kph by a guy in a car, someone at the crash site suggested they saw pokemon go on his phone, but he told police he was texting. Given the logistics, I find texting very hard to believe (nobody stays looking down for 200m while texting).

Due to the driver being uninsured we had to claim through a loop hole in our policy which saw us lose 25% and we had just put $1k upgrading the cars suspension and tyres. All up losing $2k as the car was written off.

I dont know what to believe. But either way txting or pokemon its a really thoughtless thing to do. I think it should be given a steeper criminal conviction as all he will get is a loss of licence for a few months worst case (he may just get a fine). I think he should be doing time due to the loss financially and physical damage to my wife. Not to mention the potential he could easily have caused more physical harm.

Just thought Id give a warning.

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
Pokemon Go is so popular recently. Are you playing this game also?
Suddenly I thount that how about wearing a VR headset to play Pokemon Go? So that I can see the 3D adorable Pokemon and experience impressively.

Pokemon Go is dumb. VR is dumb.

maketheone

Suspended
Original poster
May 24, 2016
GO players please dont play it whilst driving.

Wife was hit at 80kph by a guy in a car, someone at the crash site suggested they saw pokemon go on his phone, but he told police he was texting. Given the logistics, I find texting very hard to believe (nobody stays looking down for 200m while texting).

Due to the driver being uninsured we had to claim through a loop hole in our policy which saw us lose 25% and we had just put $1k upgrading the cars suspension and tyres. All up losing $2k as the car was written off.

I dont know what to believe. But either way txting or pokemon its a really thoughtless thing to do. I think it should be given a steeper criminal conviction as all he will get is a loss of licence for a few months worst case (he may just get a fine). I think he should be doing time due to the loss financially and physical damage to my wife. Not to mention the potential he could easily have caused more physical harm.

Just thought Id give a warning.
Thanks for your kind reminding! Life is holy. Best wishes to yor wife.
[doublepost=1470821245][/doublepost]
e-mail Nintendo - maybe they'll make an NX VR version... ;)
Haha~ that sounds great!;););)
[doublepost=1470821416][/doublepost]
What would VR even fundamentally add to a game like Pokemon?
As I know nowaways VR doesn't contain game APP...but it absolutely will in the future! Believe today's adavnced technology.:):)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.