Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014
How it’s works ? Sometimes it expands from icon, sometimes it’s slide from left to right. This behavior is so confuse.

I have reported a bug where the animation when launching an app sometimes starts sliding in from the right. If this occurs I have noticed that going to the home screen and then swiping to the widgets screen (from left to right) causes a system crash with black screen and grey loading wheel. This is repeatable but I have not noticed any pattern which triggers the animation to slide in the first place. This occurs on PB2 - I have not updated yet to see if it is fixed.

I’m not sure if this is the same thing you are describing.

However if you are in control centre / app switcher and press on an app on the dock it will animate differently depending on were the app space is in the app switcher. For example it will slide to the space and then normal zoom animation.

Last edited:

PeLaNo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2017
I have reported a bug where the animation when launching an app sometimes starts sliding in from the right. If this occurs I have noticed that going to the home screen and then swiping to the widgets screen (from left to right) causes a system crash with black screen and grey loading wheel. This is repeatable but I have not noticed any pattern which triggers the animation to slide in the first place. This occurs on PB2 - I have not updated yet to see if it is fixed.

I’m not sure if this is the same thing you are describing.

However if you are in control centre / app switcher and press on an app on the dock it will animate differently depending on were the app space is in the app switcher. For example it will slide to the space and then normal zoom animation.
So it’s a bug ?

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014
So it’s a bug ?

Yes, I believe so. The videos you added shows the same behaviour as I have experience on the iPad.
I suggest you report it through the feedback app.

Most of the time when launching apps it does the zoom animation as expected. Every now and then it switches to the slide animation and when this occurs I have the system crash when swiping from home screen to widgets.

Next time this occurs can you try going to the home screen and then swipe to widgets and see whether you can replicate this crash? In my experience, after the system crash or reboot it returns to the normal zoom animation until the next time the bug is triggered.

Reactions: PeLaNo

PeLaNo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2017
Yes, I believe so. The videos you added shows the same behaviour as I have experience on the iPad.
I suggest you report it through the feedback app.

Most of the time when launching apps it does the zoom animation as expected. Every now and then it switches to the slide animation and when this occurs I have the system crash when swiping from home screen to widgets.

Next time this occurs can you try going to the home screen and then swipe to widgets and see whether you can replicate this crash? In my experience, after the system crash or reboot it returns to the normal zoom animation until the next time the bug is triggered.
This bug just triggered and I try what you said and nothing happened. Widgets work fine for me except it’s doesn’t show date.

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014
This bug just triggered and I try what you said and nothing happened. Widgets work fine for me except it’s doesn’t show date.

Thanks for trying it out. Maybe the crash is only triggered on iPad or in certain setups. Hopefully it will get fixed soon. If you haven’t already, make sure you send a bug report through the feedback app.

PeLaNo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 6, 2017
Thanks for trying it out. Maybe the crash is only triggered on iPad or in certain setups. Hopefully it will get fixed soon. If you haven’t already, make sure you send a bug report through the feedback app.
On my SE after I occurred this bug,lock screen get very low res like this .
[doublepost=1501131039][/doublepost]And this is what it should be.

Attachments

• IMG_4647.PNG
    IMG_4647.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 171
  • IMG_4650.PNG
    IMG_4650.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 155

bmac89

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2014

I just had the bug with launching apps sliding in from the right again. I think the first time since updating to PB3 / Beta 4.

I then proceeded to try and trigger the system crash and it seems they fixed the bug with swiping to the widgets screen as it no longer crashes when I do this, however like you said the date no longer shows in widgets screen when this occurs, so still more work to be done to fix this one.

P.S. The date has not returned to the widgets (homescreen) even after hard reboot.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.