Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Clark

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 11, 2013
Canada
I went to Apples website and signed up for what I thought was the El Capitan beta preview (like I did for Yosemite a year ago) but when the computer rebooted it was just the "Yosemite public beta 10.10". I am very confused, how can I get El Capitan on my new Macbook?

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Feb 10, 2008
United States
I got it through developer.apple.com. From there, if you are a developer, go to resources, and clicking on OS X gives you a download code which you can redeem on the MAS.

And yes you need to be a registered and paid developer to get access to it (at least, the "right" way) right now. Otherwise, you will have to wait until July for the public beta, which is just two weeks away.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Many folks are part of the developer program and thus get their hands on the beta at the earliest stages.

happyslayer

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2008
Glendale, AZ
I am part of the Developer program, so that is how I got it. I honestly am not a developer and don't write code, but I am a computer consultant and support many customers running Macs so I like to run the new OS's as soon as possible so I am fluent with them and their various install and usability quirks. That way I can support my customers when the new OS is officially available. For that reason, the $99/year charge is very worth it, I think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.