Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kisbys

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 31, 2009
I'm sure that there is a lot of choreography about which apps work and which don't but I'm slightly confused how my phone is restarting the whole time and really buggy with IOS8. But on screen that they used at WWDC ran perfectly.

Is this all choreographed or is it that they are using a more advanced beta than the one released yesterday?

inselstudent

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
A bit off topic, but you should read about the presentation of the first iPhone

https://www.macrumors.com/2013/10/04/former-apple-engineer-gives-behind-the-scenes-look-at-the-original-iphone-introduction/

Just one excerpt:

The iPhone could play a section of a song or a video, but it couldn’t play an entire clip reliably without crashing. It worked fine if you sent an e-mail and then surfed the Web. If you did those things in reverse, however, it might not. Hours of trial and error had helped the iPhone team develop what engineers called “the golden path,” a specific set of tasks, performed in a specific way and order, that made the phone look as if it worked.

stiligFox

macrumors 65816
Apr 24, 2009
My guess is they knew what they were goin to demo, and made a specific build where they ironed out all the bugs for those apps/areas.

Like if Craig tried opening up the stocks App it may very well have crashed and burned x3

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I'm sure that there is a lot of choreography about which apps work and which don't but I'm slightly confused how my phone is restarting the whole time and really buggy with IOS8. But on screen that they used at WWDC ran perfectly.

Is this all choreographed or is it that they are using a more advanced beta than the one released yesterday?

No... I was loling watching the keynote becuase they were showing quick reply and when they pulled on it it dropped frames.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.