Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pili

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
Orlando/Miami, FL
I am considering getting a 23" ACD around the holidays but pretty much any of the problems i have heard about regarding it are all related to the pink hue or an uneven backlight.

I am by no means a professional (just a student now) and dont have much experience with lcds like this so i was wondering how noticeable these problems actually are. I do a lot of photo editing and graphic design work as a hobby though so having a good display is important. Are the problems the type of thing where someone like me wont even realize that they are there? Or are they blatantly obvious to the point where its very annoying and color is very off in any of the editing i do?

Mainly i just dont want to take the risk saving up for this then having to return multiple times and there even be a slight chance that i wont be happy with it.

Thanks in advance.

SMM

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2006
Tiger Mountain - WA State
I am considering getting a 23" ACD around the holidays but pretty much any of the problems i have heard about regarding it are all related to the pink hue or an uneven backlight.

I am by no means a professional (just a student now) and dont have much experience with lcds like this so i was wondering how noticeable these problems actually are. I do a lot of photo editing and graphic design work as a hobby though so having a good display is important. Are the problems the type of thing where someone like me wont even realize that they are there? Or are they blatantly obvious to the point where its very annoying and color is very off in any of the editing i do?

Mainly i just dont want to take the risk saving up for this then having to return multiple times and there even be a slight chance that i wont be happy with it.

Thanks in advance.

I would like to help you, but all 6 of my ACD's have never had a single issue. Besides their reliability, they are finely crafted and display beautiful video.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.