Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How badly do you want Mac Pro 2019?

• I will be disappointed if they don't show anything.

Votes: 19 65.5%
  • I want it, but don't mind waiting for a good product.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • I could care less. Alternatives exist for me.

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters

fhturner

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2007
Birmingham, AL & Atlanta, GA
I will be disappointed if they blow off the Mac Pro (and Macs in general) yet again, but I fully expect that they will. Lots of hopeless wishing here, but zero expectation. I kinda think they may be crossing their fingers that, after 2 years, maybe we'll just have forgotten about that whole silly thing where they promised they'd escape their years-old Mac Pro 2013 "thermal corner" by making something new.

BTW, last option needs "couldn't" instead of "could". If I *could* care less, then I care sufficiently about it that there's less caring I could do. If I *couldn't* care less, then I care the absolute minimum amount. ;)

Reactions: Jyby

ssgbryan

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2002
I'll be disappointed if they don't show anything, but I have an old HP Z210 I am using to get familiar with Windows 10.

I have already priced out an Eypc workstation. It's been fun, but at the end of the day, I need to get stuff done.

ssgbryan

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2002
Wow how's the Eypc station pricing been? Are all the parts out already? I love computers in general and still have a Windows PC of my own for things I can't do well on MacBook Pro 2018

16 cores/32 threads, 128Gb ram, WX 5100 8gb gpu - $4,500. - 24 cores 48 threads $5,100.

This is a Naples based system, not Rome. Rome should give us a bit more performance for the same price.

ScrumpyDaniel

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2019
Yeah i'll be disappointed if we don't get anything tonight. I'm expecting at least a reveal, or a tease. I work on Mac Pro's daily processing orders & testing/repairing. It's pretty crucial for me haha.

frou

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2009
Mac Mini now with 65W CPU and eGPU is good enough for me so I'm not interested in buying another MP.

Reactions: Jyby

rpmurray

macrumors 68020
Feb 21, 2017
Back End of Beyond
BTW, last option needs "couldn't" instead of "could". If I *could* care less, then I care sufficiently about it that there's less caring I could do. If I *couldn't* care less, then I care the absolute minimum amount. ;)
We might be able to care less but just by a tiny amount. This just means we aren't on pins and needles awaiting the word from on high, but we do have some slight interest. I suspect that Apple will wait until December 31st to say anything about the new Mac Pro and it's even odds that they'll be announcing its cancellation because of lack of demand for the previous generation. Totally ignoring the fact that they are selling yesterday's tech for the price of today's high end.

fhturner

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2007
Watching the keynote and am amazed that Apple, formerly Apple Computer, Inc., has a "VP of Health", but haven't serviced their most long-standing and loyal creative customers w/ a Mac Pro redesign after 6 years...

ssgbryan

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2002
Watching the keynote and am amazed that Apple, formerly Apple Computer, Inc., has a "VP of Health", but haven't serviced their most long-standing and loyal creative customers w/ a Mac Pro redesign after 6 years...

Jobs took the Computer part of the name off for a reason.

fhturner

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2007
Jobs took the Computer part of the name off for a reason.

Oh, I know. But still just makes me SMH. We've got Apple credit cards, emojis and memojis touted as great new features to iOS, TV services, News, and everything else under the sun, but one of the most valuable companies in the world cannot allocate resources to refresh the product line that made them (generally, computers) in a reasonable timeframe. I mean, it's almost been like they seek out other crap to work on or develop so they can avoid the Mac. Unreal.

Reactions: ssgbryan

unibility

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2012
Im curious to know peoples feeling before the keynote and after.

Please answer the poll :D

20825-23131-macpro-rendering-xl.jpg
Still ROCKING my late 2016. Runs Minesweeper A.O.K. No regrets. :)

zzzachi

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2012
Here absolutely no expectations at all. I wish to stay with macOS but I highly doubt, that apple will release an usable and affordable workstation computer again. This whole modular talk and the ages it takes them to find a solution tells me that it will not be a computer i'd buy. i bet my &$$ that it will be shiny and stunning but way too expensive and of course closed non-standard system.

Reactions: fhturner
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.