Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Hi all,

So I have a 60GB iPhoto library housed in my external hard drive. My buddy has a MacBook Pro with Yosemite installed (he too has another Mac w/ Mavericks). I'm wanting to connect my external hard drive to his MacBook Pro and see my library of photos (whether in iPhoto or in folders; not "show package contents" cause its folders of confusion).

How can this be done? This too has been an issue for us in Mavericks.

Any tips, no matter how small may help! Thank you!

Nov 28, 2010
located
Click on the iPhoto icon in the Dock or double click on the iPhoto app in the Applications folder, while holding down the OPTION key. Then select your library.

Do not forget to do so again to select the MBP's owner's library once you are done.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Click on the iPhoto icon in the Dock or double click on the iPhoto app in the Applications folder, while holding down the OPTION key. Then select your library.

Do not forget to do so again to select the MBP's owner's library once you are done.

I've tried this to no avail. Upon holding down the option key and selecting my external iPhoto library i'm told the iPhoto libraries aren't compatible.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Specifically am told this: (photo attached)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-03 at 1.12.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-03 at 1.12.14 PM.png
    39.4 KB · Views: 173

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
Just downloaded StellarPheonnixMacRecovery program and it sees my external hard drive which is HFS+

But I can't seem to find the files located outside of the .backups

In other words, my Time Machine backups show up, but I can't locate the 9-ish folders that contain my vacation videos and photos. I don't believe I ever partitioned my external hard drive. I think it's just one big hard drive that I one day started using Time Machine with (encrypted) and then used it also as an external hard drive by throwing these vacation photo folders in there as well (not inside the .backups

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.