Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

audirs5

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 20, 2014
So I'm constantly taking screenshots on my phone of funny things.. I'd like to know, how can I sync these screenshots automatically with my laptop? These are pictures I never want to lose .

Thanks

jarodlee88

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2016
You could use iCloud photos or even google photos to backup all your photos to the cloud. Then when you're on your laptop, log on to icloud.com or google.com/photos.
Hope this helps

audirs5

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 20, 2014
Problem is, that saves everything... And sometimes there are....Well, some pictures I don't need saved lol. if you know where I'm going with this.

simon lefisch

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2014
So I'm constantly taking screenshots on my phone of funny things.. I'd like to know, how can I sync these screenshots automatically with my laptop? These are pictures I never want to lose .

Thanks
Turn on iCloud Photo Sharing on both your iPhone (and laptop), create an album to place those photos into, open Photos app on your laptop and you should see them.

I assume you're using a Mac?

Reactions: Spink10

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Here is some info for you. I suspect one of these options will accomplish what you want to do. iCloud or Photo sharing not required if you just wanting to transfer to PC/Laptop/Mac. Actually the Win 10 info is incorrect. Just use the Photos app and import option for Windows 10.

Apple KB

Last edited:

daniel1948

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2015
Spokane, WA
If you want to save only selected photos, I don't see how you can do it automatically. IOS cannot know which you want to save and which you don't. But you can select the photos, choose "share," and then choose how you want to share them. Email them to yourself or Airdrop them to your other computer seem like good choices. Or get a free Dropbox account and share the selected photos to Dropbox.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.