Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xjin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2017
los angeles
Hi all,

Since I travel internationally often, so I need to buy the iphone X model which supports both LTE and CDMA wireless networks. Since there is no iphone X Sim Free available right now, the iphone X for Verizon seems to be the best choice. However, since I use TMobile sim card in my current phone, thus I'm wondering if the following way is feasible in order to use the iphone X Verizon: I firstly buy in apple store the iphone X with Verizon as carrier with full price (here I shall provide my friend's verizon account number), then I use my friend's Verizon sim card to activate the iphone X after receiving it. Then after activation, I insert my TMobile sim card to use.

Is above way possible? Is there anything wrong in it? Or, can I just activate the iphone X with Verizon as carrier using my TMobile sim card?

Looking for your kind help! Thanks in advance!

Pumpy8x

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2017
no need to insert Verizon sim card initially, if you do it your friend's phone will be disconnected and his number will be moved to the new sim card.

Simply insert your sim card right away since the phone is unlocked out of the box.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
Hi all,

Since I travel internationally often, so I need to buy the iphone X model which supports both LTE and CDMA wireless networks. Since there is no iphone X Sim Free available right now, the iphone X for Verizon seems to be the best choice. However, since I use TMobile sim card in my current phone, thus I'm wondering if the following way is feasible in order to use the iphone X Verizon: I firstly buy in apple store the iphone X with Verizon as carrier with full price (here I shall provide my friend's verizon account number), then I use my friend's Verizon sim card to activate the iphone X after receiving it. Then after activation, I insert my TMobile sim card to use.

Is above way possible? Is there anything wrong in it? Or, can I just activate the iphone X with Verizon as carrier using my TMobile sim card?

Looking for your kind help! Thanks in advance!

Yes, just make sure you have model A1865 which is the dual band version.

I wound up purchasing a Sprint version of this phone, just popped in my AT&T Sim card, absolutely no problems. You can also call Apple directly and give them your serial number and they will tell you that the phone is completely unlocked if you have a concern.

xjin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 9, 2017
los angeles
no need to insert Verizon sim card initially, if you do it your friend's phone will be disconnected and his number will be moved to the new sim card.

Simply insert your sim card right away since the phone is unlocked out of the box.
Thanks for the reply! So that means I can theoretically use sim card from any carriers to activate the iphone X of Verizon version, correct?
[doublepost=1510288767][/doublepost]
Yes, just make sure you have model A1865 which is the dual band version.

I wound up purchasing a Sprint version of this phone, just popped in my AT&T Sim card, absolutely no problems. You can also call Apple directly and give them your serial number and they will tell you that the phone is completely unlocked if you have a concern.

Got it! Thanks a lot!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.