Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GPWarner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2017
Chapel Hill, NC
I've been trying to create a Blu-ray DVD using Roxio Toast 14 but the software is misbehaving. I read in another forum to remove all Toast files, current and previous, and reinstall.

I used to be able to go to my Library and delete plists but I can't see how to in Sierra.

Hope someone can help.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
I've been trying to create a Blu-ray DVD using Roxio Toast 14 but the software is misbehaving. I read in another forum to remove all Toast files, current and previous, and reinstall.

I used to be able to go to my Library and delete plists but I can't see how to in Sierra.

Hope someone can help.

You can't delete plist files in Sierra due to System Integrity Protection. To disable SIP you'll need to go through the recovery partition.

However you needn't jump through all those hoops to completely delete an application. To completely delete an application, drag it from the Applications folder into AppCleaner, which can be downloaded here: https://freemacsoft.net/downloads/AppCleaner_3.4.zip

This will delete all related files, plist included, and is the quickest way to completely remove an application that I know of. It also carries much less risk than searching for and deleting the files yourself.

Reactions: GPWarner

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
that's incorrect; you can delete plist files, easily, in sierra. in your home library (in the Finder, hold option, click on the Go menu, go to Library>Preferences) you can delete the Toast plist file(s).

in the main library, go to preferences, delete the Toast plist. in that folder, you will need to type in your mac password.

done.

Reactions: GPWarner

GPWarner

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2017
Chapel Hill, NC
that's incorrect; you can delete plist files, easily, in sierra. in your home library (in the Finder, hold option, click on the Go menu, go to Library>Preferences) you can delete the Toast plist file(s).

in the main library, go to preferences, delete the Toast plist. in that folder, you will need to type in your mac password.

done.
Thanks.

shinyhorus

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2021

done.
Can i do same thing in Catalina?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.