Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ahheck01

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Once everything was matched, I deleted everything local to start fresh from iTunes only. Yes, even the uploaded songs. Now when I try to play a matched song, it'll download. When I try to play uploaded songs, it says they're missing and asks me to locate them. How can I redownload uploaded tracks?

Last edited:

Ahheck01

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Once everything was matched, I deleted everything local to start fresh from iTunes only. Yes, even the uploaded songs. Now when I try to play a matched song, it'll download. When I try to play uploaded songs, it says they're missing and asks me to locate them. How can I redownload uploaded tracks?

500 views and nobody has any ideas?

eternalife

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2011
I may not be fully understanding your question but I download songs by hilighting them and right-click download (at least on my PC). I'm not on my Mac so I can't tell you there.

Ahheck01

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
I may not be fully understanding your question but I download songs by hilighting them and right-click download (at least on my PC). I'm not on my Mac so I can't tell you there.

This is what I see:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-11-22 at 6.09.41 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2011-11-22 at 6.09.41 PM.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 97

ScootPatoot

macrumors regular
May 16, 2008
I could be wrong but since there is no download icon next to the one you have selected, iTunes thinks that it is already on your computer and wants you to locate it (see the "!"?). If it's not on your computer, delete the entry in iTunes. Make sure you DO NOT check the box that pops up asking if you want to delete it from iCloud. The icon should then show up and you should be able to click on it to download the song to your computer.

Ahheck01

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
I could be wrong but since there is no download icon next to the one you have selected, iTunes thinks that it is already on your computer and wants you to locate it (see the "!"?). If it's not on your computer, delete the entry in iTunes. Make sure you DO NOT check the box that pops up asking if you want to delete it from iCloud. The icon should then show up and you should be able to click on it to download the song to your computer.

You, sir, win the internet. :D

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
The lesson to learn here is not to delete files directly, but to delete songs from within iTunes and tell it to delete the original file. Otherwise iTunes won't know that it's been deleted, just that it can't find it (hence the symbol in the left column).

jW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.