Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ucshade

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2022
After an accidental fall my volume down key with a little scuffing on the edge of the key feels stuck inside making it harder to click and sometimes when a click is successful it might remain pressed down until I press it back to get over the self click, I recently got this phone in the used market and don’t want to open it for this fix although I use assistive key but is there a way I could force such a key out without opening the device….pls I need your advice

lclev

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2013
Ohio
My best suggestion is look at the guides on iFixit.com to see if you can figure out. I don't think you will avoid opening it up.

Ucshade

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 28, 2022
My best suggestion is look at the guides on iFixit.com to see if you can figure out. I don't think you will avoid opening it up.

Alright but I’ll rather make use of assistive key customize on volume down….honestly the physical volume down though jammed still function but needs a hard press while sometimes when hard press would remain in that state thereby indicating a false press until I press back then it would come to normal idle state but I wonder if I could stay with assistive key just for volume down in a very long time

Allyance

Contributor
Sep 29, 2017
East Bay, CA
Does your phone have a case on it? Could be the plastic button on the case. If not, get a magnifying glass and look closely, maybe there is a deformed part of the button that could be fixed with an old dental tool or pick.

Reactions: Ucshade
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.