Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

animefx

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2005
Illinois
Hi guys... I usually record with my headphones plugged in, but I need to be able to hear my own voice through the headphones while I'm recording in Garage Band. I have found where to set this though.

Please help! :)

Thanks,
Bryan

animefx

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2005
Illinois
I found out that I can turn the "monitor" on... but the problem is with Garage Band anyways, is that its delayed by almost half a second, so its confusing when you hear yourself on a delay. Audacity on the other hand has no delay, you just hear yourself. I really don't want to go back to use Audacity... can someone please help?

Thanks,
Bryan

animefx said:
Hi guys... I usually record with my headphones plugged in, but I need to be able to hear my own voice through the headphones while I'm recording in Garage Band. I have found where to set this though.

Please help! :)

Thanks,
Bryan

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
that delay is latency, and removing plug-ins won't remove all of it. it's also caused by the time it takes to put the signal through a/d conversion and the software routing.

best bet is to tap the signal for monitoring before conversion, which will require some kind of external hardware like a dual-output preamp or a mixer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.