Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
I get tired of my favorite emojis disappearing in the emoji keyboard selector. I want a group of emojis to never change. Is there a way in ios15? Every time i hit the wrong emoji, a true favorite is replaced. Is there a utility or 3rd party app that will allow this?

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
I'm confused...are you regularly using more than the 25 emojis iOS keeps for you at the front under "frequently used?"

It always keeps the most frequently used and only replaces them when there is a "tie" (typically latest single use emoji substituting the first single use emoji...for me at least).

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
I try to scroll the emoji window. Sometimes it wont scroll. It hits a emoji I don’t want. So that’s one less from my picks, this happens all the time. What is wrong with only wanting a fixed group of emojis that don’t get replaced.

Reactions: nemodomi and Dimer

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
I think they would be more likely to give you more frequently used than allow that function.

That's why I asked as I use maybe 5-10 regularly and the rest are just recent ones I may have used for a specific reason. Maybe I'm the more "average" emoji user and you are a "power" user?? 25 seems like a lot to me, so maybe I'm even less than the average user?

blackxacto

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
I don’t use them constantly, but I hate having to scroll because the stupid emoji menu fails to scroll putting a unwanted emoji in. It takes maybe 2-3 swipes to get the swiping to work. Each time it fails, in goes unwanted items

Reactions: nemodomi

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
I don’t use them constantly, but I hate having to scroll because the stupid emoji menu fails to scroll putting a unwanted emoji in. It takes maybe 2-3 swipes to get the swiping to work. Each time it fails, in goes unwanted items
I use search when needed so I don't have to scroll...but that's me...

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
What do you search for? The code# for each emoji?
Just a word...like "water" will bring up 40 emoji related to that word, while "banana" will bring up the one banana emoji..."angry" brings up 8 emoji....I find the tags are actually quite good.

Suggestions also bring up emojis as you type typically.

Reactions: blackxacto

iVB

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2010
I agree with the OP. It is ridiculous that it is 2022 and a very simple feature is not even there. And I am sure when they add it, it is going to be limited to a very restricting number of emojis for a number of decades before they discover how stupid that is.

Reactions: nemodomi

nemodomi

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2008
I agree with the OP. It is ridiculous that it is 2022 and a very simple feature is not even there. And I am sure when they add it, it is going to be limited to a very restricting number of emojis for a number of decades before they discover how stupid that is.

SAME here. MacOS has had this wanted feature for EONS. blackxacto is SPOT ON with his comments and laments; matches my experience exactly.

Whatever happened to "it just works"?! ... Oh, that's right, it died when Steve Jobs died. 😔 And don't get me started on Cook, Mr. "OMG new iPhone COLORS!!!". 🤦‍♂️😭

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.