Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silly John Fatty

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
I have this app of a local radio channel and I've done the very stupid mistake to delete the app and reinstall it because I thought it had a bug and I needed to reinstall it. The mistake was that I forgot that I had a lot of songs marked as favourite in the app and I really do not want to lose these.

I have a backup of my iPhone with the app that will contain all my favourites saved in there. But I don't want to load the whole old backup on my iPhone.

Is there a way to just load the app from my backup onto my iPhone? I went to Library > iTunes and remember you could find all app files there back in OS X Lion or so, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.
I also looked into Library > Application Support > MobileSync and I can see my backups there but it's just folders with numbers and files with numbers.

Thanks to anyone who can help me. :)

Minorite

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2018
Poland
Use iMazing to restore only app data, here's the guide. There's no guarantee that this data is included in the backup by app devs, but restoring app data is free in iMazing so worth trying!

p.s. If this app is not in your last backup, open the backup in question with iMazing > go to Apps section in sidebar > right-click on the app in question > Extract app to get .imazingapp file with app data. After this, restore it according to the guide. Let me know if you'll need any help.

Reactions: Ulenspiegel

Silly John Fatty

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012
Use iMazing to restore only app data, here's the guide. There's no guarantee that this data is included in the backup by app devs, but restoring app data is free in iMazing so worth trying!

p.s. If this app is not in your last backup, open the backup in question with iMazing > go to Apps section in sidebar > right-click on the app in question > Extract app to get .imazingapp file with app data. After this, restore it according to the guide. Let me know if you'll need any help.

Thanks, I'll check this out! :)

Silly John Fatty

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 6, 2012

It worked! Awesome - thank you so much. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.