Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
Is there any app that can save all of my heath data so that next time I restore I won't have to enter it manually? For example Lark saves my sleep analysis in the cloud and I want something for "Steps" too.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Is there any app that can save all of my heath data so that next time I restore I won't have to enter it manually? For example Lark saves my sleep analysis in the cloud and I want something for "Steps" too.

Are you talking about restoring as new?

If so, as of right now I haven't found a way to export Health Data and re-enter it. I know you can export a raw file in Health and it emails it to you, but it can't be reimported as of now. There is an app called "Health Importer" that is working on an update to reimport that exported Health file.

If you are not talking about restoring as new, all health data is saved in iCloud and will be restored when you restore from an iCloud backup.

Ries

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2007

If you're talking about HealthKit, you can't. The only way to "backup" that data, is to do a icloud backup/restore of the phone (or encrypted itunes backup).

You could use a third party app to track the steps, like fitbit / withings or myfitnesspal. But they don't restore data back to healthkit, you need another sync app for that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.