Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danbcooper

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2015
I'm on an iPhone 6 and I want to stay on 9.3.1 but ios is constantly downloading updates and prompting them in the worst moments... Is there any way to stop my phone from downloading it?
Thanks!
[doublepost=1474230034][/doublepost]Already found a solution... Sorry

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I'm on an iPhone 6 and I want to stay on 9.3.1 but ios is constantly downloading updates and prompting them in the worst moments... Is there any way to stop my phone from downloading it?
Thanks!
[doublepost=1474230034][/doublepost]Already found a solution... Sorry
Care to share the solution?

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
9.3.5 is the best version iOS 9 there is, so you should definitely install it.

So far.... There are no nag screens to install iOS 10. Thank goodness. I haven't installed it, and I don't get any nag screens to do so. I hope it stays that way.

Googlyhead

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2010
9.3.5 is the best version iOS 9 there is, so you should definitely install it.

So far.... There are no nag screens to install iOS 10. Thank goodness. I haven't installed it, and I don't get any nag screens to do so. I hope it stays that way.
Addressing both the points you made here:

I've just been suffering the nag screens for the last couple of days. So no; that issue hasn't gone away.

And the nag screens are worse!
Previously; it would simply wake you sometime after midnight, and you could work through the "remind me later" to get rid of it. Now; "remind me later" is code for "enter your passcode and I'll automatically install for you".

So no; I can definitively state that upgrading to 9.3.5 was a mistake, and I dread to think how badly the updater in the next version is going to operate.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
I just got my first iOS 10 nag screen today. Party is over. 1.3 GB. Deleted it of course and will never install it... But it'll continue to download every time I'm plugged in w the lock screen... then nag. I wonder how many hundreds of times I'm going to delete this?

Sometimes I really hate how apple does things.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I just got my first iOS 10 nag screen today. Party is over. 1.3 GB. Deleted it of course and will never install it... But it'll continue to download every time I'm plugged in w the lock screen... then nag. I wonder how many hundreds of times I'm going to delete this?

Sometimes I really hate how apple does things.
Seems like a workaround to avoid this has been provided earlier in the thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.