Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fatihayoglu

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2008
hi all,
So I have an iMac with 10.15.1 and we have multiple iPhone's at home. Frequently my iMac connects my wife's iPhone which makes the handoff impossible and I have to manually disconnect.
I have tried to clear the list, reset the BT module, forget all the devices etc, but no luck. Anything else I should try?
BW,
Fatih

mxrider88

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2019
Sydney, AU
hi all,
So I have an iMac with 10.15.1 and we have multiple iPhone's at home. Frequently my iMac connects my wife's iPhone which makes the handoff impossible and I have to manually disconnect.
I have tried to clear the list, reset the BT module, forget all the devices etc, but no luck. Anything else I should try?
BW,
Fatih

Welcome to the club.. I’ve had this issue for the longest time. 3+ years. Reported it 26 times. Twenty six times. Apple didn’t fix it. They just close the reports with a “duplicate” label.

I think the issue is having two user accounts on the Mac. When you have them both running handoff stops working and the secondary account’s iPhone keeps connecting to the Bluetooth.
Try to log into one account only and see if it works. To use the other account log out and log into the other.

if you don’t have two accounts then the issue is similar to mine but not exactly the same.
Report it to Apple I would say...
unbelievable. 3+ years.
If the issue gets a bit of spotlights maybe they will do something about it.. or maybe they will do a keynote saying that we use the Mac wrong and we should use 2 Macs for two accounts.
They are becoming pathetic.

fatihayoglu

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2008
This is just ridiculous, I kept resetting BT module on both accounts, forgot BT devices on both accounts, yet the computer still connects to my wife's iPhone.

fatihayoglu

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 30, 2008
So today, got a call from California. I think we have fixed the issue by resetting my wife’s phone’s network settings. Since then there is not connection.
Weirdly at some point, my BT window on my iMac was showing 3 different abt connection from her phone with different BT addresses.

mxrider88

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2019
Sydney, AU
I tried to reset (fresh install) my iPhone, my partner’s iPhone and initialised my Mac. This was about 7 months ago. Without restoring the backup.
Wasted a full afternoon. It still wasn’t working. I restored all the devices back to the latest backup.

I am currently logged in with both the accounts on my Mac and Apple Watch unlock isn’t working and I can’t use hotspot and continuity camera. I need to scan a document and either I use third party apps or I have to reboot my Mac. Just ridiculous.
I’m glad you fixed your problem

cyb3rdud3

macrumors 68040
Jun 22, 2014
UK
In my experience, there is no need to connect to the phone via BT or have it in there. None of my devices is 'connected' or on the list as a device in BT. It is based upon the signed in iCloud account. Are you sure that your wife's phone doesn't use or share your iCloud account?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.