Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
Not sure if anyone else experienced this or if it was normal, but installing beta7 yesterday, my system rebooted very quickly into the install and appeared to be flashing the firmware. The bar (of the flash install screen) never moved visibly to the right and the system rebooted three times (to the flash screen). The first came with a long beep, two more reboots, and then a boot into beta6 without installing the update.

Went back to the App store, this time I still got the firmware install reboots and beep, but it did install the update.

Questions: What does the long beep mean? How can I tell if my firmware is updated? I don't see any dates?

Firmware.png

LarryJoe33

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 17, 2017
Boston
About EFI and SMC firmware updates for Intel-based Mac computers
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201518
Yes, thanks, I have read this. It doesn't say how to tell the date of the firmware I am running. The firmware listed here is also very old and surely not what was in yesterday's beta. I am trying to find the date of the firmware I posted in the screenshot above.
[doublepost=1503412791][/doublepost]I am guessing the SMC is sequential, so 98 is on the Apple site and I am running 99. No clue on how to read the BOOT ROM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.