Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wyatt82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 30, 2015
Milwaukee, WI
So I had 13.2 pop up in the Home app for my HomePod and I went to update on Monday evening (central time) around 8pm or so. The update never progressed and just said "update requested". I left it then read about the brick issues etc and decided to quit it. Thankfully my HomePod is still working well and just on 12.4, however my Mac, iPad and iPhone are all nagging about 13.2 inside Home. My understanding is the update has been pulled by Apple and we will likely see a new 13.2.1 or some such arrive soon with the fix for bricking. Question I want to know is, will the home app udpate me of the new version when it arrives and over-write the current nag it has for 13.2? Or should I delete the HomePod and add back as I think some folks have done? What process should I follow if it's the latter, will it require a factory re-set on my HomePod?

JBaby

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2015
Don’t worry you’ll know the same way you knew about 13.2. It just will be a new number like 13.2.1 or something.  knows how to push out updates. And I highly sought you’ll have to do anything to prepare.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Had the same thing. It looped in the preparing, downloading and installing but ended up staying on 12.4. The next day, the Update reminder just disappeared and it’s working properly.

AXone1814

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2018
Unplugging the homepods from the mains and plugging them back in again did it for me.

Aftermath747

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015
Well it’s fixed now. I was happy to see 13.2 get replaced by 13.2.1 in the Home app and it downloaded/installed just fine. All is well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.