Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChromeCrescendo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2020
I have years of experience recording music with my computer, however, I am at a complete loss as to how to use my audio interface for MS Teams or Zoom meetings.

I have a Mac Pro and Apogee Symphony Desktop
Blue Spark XLR microphone

Is it possible to use the audio interface and XLR microphone with MS teams or Zoom?

If so, does anyone know how I would be able to do this or can point me in the right direction?

Thank you and be well.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I don't know anything about Teams (never used that) - but when you launch the Zoom app, go to the Zoom menu, Preferences, then Audio.
You should be able to choose your microphone, or whatever audio interface you have connected to your Mac
You will see the "Test Mic" button, next to the drop down to select your mic.

Reactions: ChromeCrescendo

ChromeCrescendo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2020
I don't know anything about Teams (never used that) - but when you launch the Zoom app, go to the Zoom menu, Preferences, then Audio.
You should be able to choose your microphone, or whatever audio interface you have connected to your Mac
You will see the "Test Mic" button, next to the drop down to select your mic.
Thank you - I appreciate it

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
If you go to AudioMIDI setup (utilities folder), does it show the interface as an audio input device?

If not, can it be "added"?

If you can get the interface/mic in AudioMIDI, can you then access it with ZOOM?

(just some thoughts, may or may not help)

ChromeCrescendo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2020
If you go to AudioMIDI setup (utilities folder), does it show the interface as an audio input device?

If not, can it be "added"?

If you can get the interface/mic in AudioMIDI, can you then access it with ZOOM?

(just some thoughts, may or may not help)
Yes it shows the audio interface as both an input and output device

ssmed

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2009
UK
This is possible. I am using a scarlet interface and 'proper' microphones for both Zoom and Teams. This has the advantage of great controllable sound, but there appears to be no background noise reduction as with the built-in microphone. You can have any mixture of in and out as required. You need to pick the input and output in the sounds panel in system preferences and then they will be default, alternatively you can select these individually in zoom. In Teams I think you just go with the system settings. From what you have said above it should be fine.

To test - just open a meeting and don't invite anyone else in either system.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.