Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
London
copy the Tiger system disk? Not wanting to be dodgy as this is for me only - my Panther disk snapped - and I'd like to have a backup if anything happened to my Tiger disk.

cheers

strydr

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2005
SoCal
jbrown said:
copy the Tiger system disk? Not wanting to be dodgy as this is for me only - my Panther disk snapped - and I'd like to have a backup if anything happened to my Tiger disk.

cheers

Got Toast?

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
London
tried that - and it repeatedly hangs about 1/3d into the copy, and I get an error message ( cant remember it exactly ) - this reminded me that I read somewhere that you cant copy them normally.

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
jbrown said:
tried that - and it repeatedly hangs about 1/3d into the copy, and I get an error message ( cant remember it exactly ) - this reminded me that I read somewhere that you cant copy them normally.

Toast it ... Record works everytime. ;)

peace | neut

jbrown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 7, 2002
London
This happens every time

Picture 1.jpg

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
A defective DVD disk can cause sensekey errors, but the most likely cause is not enough data was feed to Toast for it to burn the disc. Try increasing your buffer, closing open apps and letting run exclusively.

Will Cheyney

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2005
United Kingdom
neut said:
What version of Toast are you running? I've got an older version ... im afraid that an upgrade would ruin my flawless burning. :)

peace | neut
From looking at the screenshot, he is running version 6.
The only times I've ever had problems is because of a defective disc.

SummerBreeze

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2005
Chicago, IL
If you have an iPod, you can put a copy of the disk on there. I'm not entirely sure how to do this, but there's a guide on this forum for it. Maybe that will work better for you, since toast seems to have issues.

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
jbrown said:

cheers

Out of curiosity ... which version of Tiger is this DVD?

peace | neut

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
jbrown said:
This happens every time

View attachment 35160
Don't burn at "Best speed", go down to half speed (of whatever has the poorest speed of your DVD-R and DVD-burner). That should prevent those kind of errors. (Even if I've never seen that specific one).

Also, just to state the very obvious, make sure your Tiger DVD and the blank media is clean... ;)

I made 2 copies of my Tiger DVD with Toast 6 when I got my family pack, and only made one "coaster" in the process, and that was because I forgot to reduce burn speed. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.