Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johannnn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 20, 2009
Sweden
In the home screen I hold the play button for a few seconds until the output window comes up, and I click my AirPods. I then go to the YouTube app and launch a video. I then want to change the volume..

- The volume buttons on the Siri remote doesn’t change the volume
- The volume buttons on my TV remote doesn’t change the volume
- Using the Siri watch face on the Watch it shows that I’m playing a video on the TV, I click on it and scroll to change the volume, but it doesn’t change the volume
- I downloaded the TV remote app on my iPhone, but found no way to change the volume

What’s up with this? What am I missing?

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
In the home screen I hold the play button for a few seconds until the output window comes up, and I click my AirPods. I then go to the YouTube app and launch a video. I then want to change the volume..

- The volume buttons on the Siri remote doesn’t change the volume
- The volume buttons on my TV remote doesn’t change the volume
- Using the Siri watch face on the Watch it shows that I’m playing a video on the TV, I click on it and scroll to change the volume, but it doesn’t change the volume
- I downloaded the TV remote app on my iPhone, but found no way to change the volume

What’s up with this? What am I missing?

That‘s weird. Volume button on Siri remote always works for me but I haven’t used my AirPods with Apple TV for months.

MusikerB

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2017
Berlin
In the remote app on your iPhone just use the volume side buttons on your phone to toggle the airpod volume

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.