Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
I can see my friends location in find my but not iMessage. Always says location not found.

I want to take advantage of that new feature where it shows the location under the contact name

The second photo is my friends phone

Both 15 pro. iOS 17

Attachments

• IMG_8175.png
    IMG_8175.png
    425.3 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_8176.png
    IMG_8176.png
    656.9 KB · Views: 193

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
I can see my friends location in find my but not iMessage. Always says location not found.

I want to take advantage of that new feature where it shows the location under the contact name

The second photo is my friends phone

Both 15 pro. iOS 17
I'm getting the same thing on my iPhone 13 on iOS 17. My wife can see my location but hers shows as 'No Location Found' unless I go into Find My. I've scoured through the settings on both our phones and they're identical.

Banglazed

macrumors 601
Apr 17, 2017
Cupertino, CA
Have you checked Settings>Privacy & Security>Location Services>Messages>Allow Location Access>Always or While Using app and Precise Location is enabled?

arpan3t

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2023
I know this is a few months old, but I just ran into this issue on my iPhone 15 pro iOS 17.1 and after updating to iOS 17.2. In my case I had two contacts linked - 1 from my iCloud & 1 from my Microsoft Exchange account. Steps to fix:
  1. Go into contacts -> the contact with issue -> edit
  2. Under linked contacts section press the red - dot to remove the link
  3. Go back to contacts and delete the non-iCloud duplicate contact
Not sure if this is your issue, but it's worth checking. Hope it helps!

annezmurphy

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2024
I'm having the same issue. Suddenly no longer able to see family and friend's locations in iMessage (says location not found) but can in 'Find my'.

none of the above setting suggestions apply

Last edited:

Bookingood

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2024
I know this is a few months old, but I just ran into this issue on my iPhone 15 pro iOS 17.1 and after updating to iOS 17.2. In my case I had two contacts linked - 1 from my iCloud & 1 from my Microsoft Exchange account. Steps to fix:
  1. Go into contacts -> the contact with issue -> edit
  2. Under linked contacts section press the red - dot to remove the link
  3. Go back to contacts and delete the non-iCloud duplicate contact
Not sure if this is your issue, but it's worth checking. Hope it helps!
arpan3t,

I also have this problem and am trying to resolve it with your answer. I have two linked contacts, one for iCould and one for my email. In Step #2, do you mean to remove the link for the iCloud contact, or for the email contact?

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.