Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
My daughter is trying to create a YouTube short with her new iPad Air. However, when she hits the + button in the YouTube app, all you can do is: “Live” or “video.” There’s no option to create a “Short.”

She can create it on my phone fine, but I need to use my phone of course ha.

She has the latest YouTube app downloaded.

Suggestions? Thanks

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
I haven’t created any myself but maybe have her try the website rather than the app.

Reactions: maverick22

BB1970

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2009
Having never used it, it seems that YT shorts is a sort of TikTok competition. Meaning, it’s meant for vertical video capture (ew, I know). I think YT just figures one isn’t gonna be making handheld vids like this on an iPad and thus haven’t updated their app. There’s no option when going to the desktop version either or even requesting the mobile version on safari (that I can see). I think youre kinda stuck with the phone until YT updates their ipad app.

Reactions: maverick22

maverick22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
Having never used it, it seems that YT shorts is a sort of TikTok competition. Meaning, it’s meant for vertical video capture (ew, I know). I think YT just figures one isn’t gonna be making handheld vids like this on an iPad and thus haven’t updated their app. There’s no option when going to the desktop version either or even requesting the mobile version on safari (that I can see). I think youre kinda stuck with the phone until YT updates their ipad app.
I searched it, and it seems like some people are saying it’s possible. Sure not possible on my daughter’s iPad though. Not sure what’s going on.

Thanks for the reply - makes sense.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.