Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wolfy1091

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2023
I got one and it had backlight bleed I was able to see at 50% brightness. I’m still waiting on the refund from T-Mobile to order another one. I’m worried the next one might be worse off then I have to wait another month to refunded again.

F27

macrumors member
May 24, 2022
I got one and it had backlight bleed I was able to see at 50% brightness. I’m still waiting on the refund from T-Mobile to order another one. I’m worried the next one might be worse off then I have to wait another month to refunded again.
In my experience the iPad LCD’s are massively inconsistent. Uneven lighting, book spine effect, etc. Disappointing quality these days.

My Air 5’s screen had a ‘wave’ on the top and bottom edges like the actual LCD wasn’t laminated underneath the glass properly. You could see it when looking at reflections.

Wolfy1091

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2023
In my experience the iPad LCD’s are massively inconsistent. Uneven lighting, book spine effect, etc. Disappointing quality these days.

My Air 5’s screen had a ‘wave’ on the top and bottom edges like the actual LCD wasn’t laminated underneath the glass properly. You could see it when looking at reflections.
How many 5’s did you have just the one? I’m really hoping my next one isn’t worse then the one I got last time.

F27

macrumors member
May 24, 2022
How many 5’s did you have just the one? I’m really hoping my next one isn’t worse then the one I got last time.
Just the one. Every 5 I saw in shops and on display had similar wavy screen issues. I even saw it on the Pro’s. Cheap screens or glass.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.