Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Screenshot 2023-07-29 at 10.34.06 PM.png

How do I revert to the original background?

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Coming across this rather late..... Uh, that Favorites / Start page looks really overwhelming! Not ideal for the desktop wallpaper!

I am probably way out of sync with what maybe a lot of users do these days, but I tend to keep my desktop fairly streamlined, don't use "favorites" at all as a display/launching off point at all and instead go with setting up and using the old favorite system of Bookmarks. I have my Favorites organized within the Bookmarks category and displayed as Bookmarks so that, for instance, I can glance at my Safari page (I use Apple's own website as my "start page") and move on from there to whichever bookmark I want to look at.

Example: right now I'm in MR, but when I'm finished with reading and participating in threads and posts in here, I simply glance at my menu bar of bookmarks and select another (already bookmarked favorite website) to jump into next.....no fuss, no muss....

As for when I am looking at just my desktop wallpaper and files/folders there, I have only a few which are meaningful for one reason or other, and these are the folders upon which I click, particularly when I am working on a project contained within that folder etc.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Clix Pix, have you ever watched any of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies? That is Captain Jack Sparrow. Do you remember the Depp v. Heard case. He played Captain Jack Sparrow.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Yes, of course I'm familiar with Johnny Depp, from way back -- terrific actor! I remember him most vividly for his performance in "Edward Scissorhands". Never saw any of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" films. And, yes, I'm familiar with the recent court case, as it took place in a local courtroom in my area. We all avidly followed the daily details of the case as they were discussed in our local paper, The Washington Post. However, I did not go to the courthouse every day to hang out in the hopes of a glimpse of Johnny in person, but quite a few fans did do so!

Unfortunately the viewer can't really see much of the desktop wallpaper itself due to all the "favorites" and in my response I was addressing that issue and the use of the "favorites" list as the start page rather than wondering whose face that was.... :)

Since you've apparently dealt with whatever the problem was in the first place, as indicated by the "Resolved" tag, that's good!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.