Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dj1891

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2015
Northern Ireland
So posted a few weeks ago about getting a refurb iPhone, battery health on the phone 100%, connect to 3uTool however 696 charge cycles, battery health 84%, this baffled me, how did they do this? I also don't want to fall into this trap again. I should add this was bought from reputable phone company too, not some eBay seller.

dj1891

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2015
Northern Ireland
Is it possible that the battery health was a fake screenshot? Like how did you see the original 100?
I had the actual phone, on the phone under battery health was 100%, it had a dodgy screen on it so I decided to connect it to the computer to see if it had been repaired and it had, that's when the true story was revealed. But to anyone without a bit of knowledge they'd have thought they got a phone looks essential new with 100% battery health

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Either 3utools give fake info or iOS gives fake info. You cannot even send phone to repair to Apple likely because of aftermarket screens. Maybe you need to find someone to replace the battery asap.

dj1891

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 16, 2015
Northern Ireland
Either 3utools give fake info or iOS gives fake info. You cannot even send phone to repair to Apple likely because of aftermarket screens. Maybe you need to find someone to replace the battery asap.
Na I just returned the phone but am worried about buying another now knowing this can be done

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Na I just returned the phone but am worried about buying another now knowing this can be done
Yeah buying second hand always has a bit of luck involved. Good thing you can return it.
Apple refurb would be a better choice but lineup is generally very limited.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
It’s because there’s no sure way to gauge the health of any lithium ion battery. There’s a lot of guesses and assumptions that go into the secret sauce.
Coconut Battery never agreed with iOS battery health either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.